a dark & tasty blog by kl pereira

Friday, May 20, 2011

The Backburner

Well, yes. It all goes there at some point. We can't truly keep everything on the frontal lobe or we'd collapse like a bunch of broccoli (10 points to the first person who can ID that quote). And indeed, this blog has been so far on the backburner that like Doc Brown, I need a DeLorean to get back to where I was before the insanity of teaching full time to get back to where I want to be.

I have many pots on the stove, folks.  I am a foodie as well as a writer (check out my soup blog: Soup Alchemy) and I'm currently working on projects that encompass zombies, flash fairy tales, Ghost Cat, poems, and all kinds of speculative nonsense and steampunkery.

But now the school year is over and like many wistful, wide-eyed young things I'm taking stock in the projects that are bursting out of my brain and deciding which to shelve and which to stir, poke, and prod.

How do you decide what's next? 

One thing is for sure: I'm going to be on here a lot more often. I hope you'll join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment